Skip to main content

Happy New Year : Review!


Movie : Happy New Year
Release Date : 24 October 2014
Starring : Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Jacky Shroff, Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood and Boman Irani
Directed By : Farah Khan
Music : Vishal-Shekhar (With Vishal in a special appearance in the movie)
Lyricist : Irshad Kamil
A typical Farah khan full length film with duration of a little over 179 minutes. The movie is star studded and I would say a very fitting act put together by all of them. Shah Rukh Khan will shine you out with his appearance and style, he is looking as fit and muscular ( more than ever before). Deepika looks fabulously gorgeous in the traditional outfit she wears when she meets the "Charlie's Angels" (Charlie-> Shah Rukh Khan). the movie is built on a very familiar English word "Vengeance". The plot is not a complex one to figure out. The roles were very well worn and torn by the cast. The typical Shah Rukh Khan stamp with extreme delicate emotional expression with perfect sync of situation and well stitched words is missing. Deepika sounds extremely adorable in her dialogues and the character's fetish for English is well carried on the screen. The comic track is very well maintained throughout the movie with Boman and Abhishek playing it majorly in the movie. The disguised diamond heist is very well performed and seems ok. The national audience and Country sentiment worked out and the clever mischief of Charlie is pretty interesting. The songs are not much of my interest in the movie but one songs that makes you skip a beat or two is "Manwa Lage" extremely well sung by Shreya Ghoshal and Arijit Singh. This songs manages to keep your eyes glues to itself till all ends. The video is very different from the usual love song videos (Of course the endless romance between SRK and Deepika is very cute to observe). The screen is well shared with some good comic timing and dialogue imitations of SRK's previous films. Deepika's refrain word's "Haro to haro par ijjat mat utaro", SRK's "Kismat bahut kutti cheez hai, kabhi bhji palat jaati hai" and Abhishek's 'sapera' dance are just an index to the film (Not to forget Sonu's abs and Boman's stud looks). The movie is a pure commercial package, with nice light hearted entertainment. It manages to keep you watching with regular touches of comedy. The dance is terrible as intended and the movie is worth a watch in my view. Go for it if you are a fan of Shah Rukh Khan and not expecting a serious acting  role.
My rating 4 on 5 !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life@education

It was the summer of 2007, i was in my native when the results came out for my class X and i passed with an above average percentage of 74.2 (371 on 500). I was very firmly stuck up to take up commerce stream and do Charted Accountancy and had dream of settling down in the rat race within no time. Never really had the idea that life and choices weren't that easy to make as they seem and came to know that a life isn't about choices you wanna make but its about the options life leaves you to choose from. Everyone back at my village asked me out what would I do after Xth and I used to see them like "Y the hell you seem to be so interested in my future more than myself??" later on realized they all were victims of curiosity that I always chose different till then and were eager to know what coming next to surprise them? Commerce I yelled one final morning and declared my plans of doing CA. Yeah son that's quiet a surprise you planned for me said my dad. Though my min