Skip to main content

Happy 2nd first Day at HCL ;)



When I first came to know that I was doing to step into the boot of an employee very soon, I was preparing myself for a life completely different to what I was living. A new beginning from the end of student life, a life with financial freedom (although Dad never said “No” to my demands, but own earning is a different level of financial freedom) added responsibility of being an employee of an MNC. I was very certain of being relocated from Hyderabad. Had my bags up and ready for a journey to a new place with a new life style waiting to be discovered. As expected was called to Bangalore (now Bengaluru) and I set out planning a life in the traffic and all the rush of high class social and corporate living beings of IT Capital of India. Day 1: went on with never ending sequence of signatures. Day 2: a boring yet energetic half day.  Day 3: very excitedly I reached office and was having a nice time cracking jokes and making friends. As if somebody cursed the largest laughter in the room, all laughs vanished into thinnest of air. Suja, our instructor walked into the room and called out names of 4 of us. Just like us from around 10 other TR’s there were around 20 people just like me, confused what was happening and why our names were called. We all stood in the sleek corners of a common TR (Training Room) we were told to wait in. We noted most of us shared a common mother tongue, Telugu. Speculations started probably we would be relocated to Hyderabad being Telugu people. Soon our speculation ended as Suja walked into the TR with a smile on her face. 31 October 2014 Friday, “Faad Friday” as we later on named it, brought the news saying “WE”(Capitalised to emphasize us, who were not even close to being known to each other at that time but time had other plans) a group of dozen people have been relocated to Noida. Dozen faces white as sheet of paper, no expressions. Dull and Speechless were people from South India (4 of them to be precise). I was like confused teenager who finds it extremely difficult to wear a white hood to look cool or a blue sweater to feel warm in winter to college! Darn, Not happy, not sad, no expression at all. Something seemed to be out of place but I was not so sad about it either. Anyway let’s not get too draggy about my face at the time, then for the first time I met some people who turned out to be pretty close real quick. We became dozen devils. Anyway that had time, before that could happen we all rushed to our homes and planned our journeys to reach Noida before 5 November to report. Everything started to get into place slowly; we planned to get out ID’s on the same day itself. Since it was too late that day and as per information from EHS team, we knew we couldn’t stay back to collect ID cards after 8. We left two people in charge to collect our ID’s. That was it, the time then has just flown past our faces leaving a trail of flow and gust. All of a sudden it is our first job anniversary and no one looks a day older than when we first met. So this is for all of you guys, one short of dozen (P.S. excluding myself as it is not so good for me to write good about self in my own blog, not forgetting anyone here :P ). It has been a wonderful journey in HCL although we have not always been together but still the journey was much sweeter because we started it together. Happy first anniversary guys Vikas, Amit, Nikita, Monica and Monika, Shankar, Nikhil, Lohitha, Deep, Gopesh and Wahed, it’s been a pleasure.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life@education

It was the summer of 2007, i was in my native when the results came out for my class X and i passed with an above average percentage of 74.2 (371 on 500). I was very firmly stuck up to take up commerce stream and do Charted Accountancy and had dream of settling down in the rat race within no time. Never really had the idea that life and choices weren't that easy to make as they seem and came to know that a life isn't about choices you wanna make but its about the options life leaves you to choose from. Everyone back at my village asked me out what would I do after Xth and I used to see them like "Y the hell you seem to be so interested in my future more than myself??" later on realized they all were victims of curiosity that I always chose different till then and were eager to know what coming next to surprise them? Commerce I yelled one final morning and declared my plans of doing CA. Yeah son that's quiet a surprise you planned for me said my dad. Though my min

Happy New Year : Review!

Movie : Happy New Year Release Date : 24 October 2014 Starring : Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Jacky Shroff, Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood and Boman Irani Directed By : Farah Khan Music : Vishal-Shekhar (With Vishal in a special appearance in the movie) Lyricist : Irshad Kamil A typical Farah khan full length film with duration of a little over 179 minutes. The movie is star studded and I would say a very fitting act put together by all of them. Shah Rukh Khan will shine you out with his appearance and style, he is looking as fit and muscular ( more than ever before). Deepika looks fabulously gorgeous in the traditional outfit she wears when she meets the "Charlie's Angels" (Charlie-> Shah Rukh Khan). the movie is built on a very familiar English word "Vengeance". The plot is not a complex one to figure out. The roles were very well worn and torn by the cast. The typical Shah Rukh Khan stamp with extreme delicate emotional expression with perfect s