Skip to main content

Tour Diary: Goa- The beginning : Nizamuddin to Thivim




The lush green blanket of life covering the land as far as the eye can see started my day off. The Konkan railway route one of the best displays of greenery with nature at its best. Moreover we have had a very good monsoon in these areas this year. You could see how each and every drop of the monsoon is of value when you see the tiny leaves shining brightest holding a droplet like a precious pearl. Sunlight offers the best brightness for us to witness a beauty right from the microscopic levels! If you keep looking at the scenes you will feel as if someone is trying to capture this in a picture using sun as flash for his shutter. The habitual expectation to see tall towers of bricks and steel slowly fades. Being habituated to live in concrete forests since so long; such stark contrast will hit you like lightning, making you forget the dust and rush of cities. You start to embrace the nature at its truest form. Suddenly the lonely feeling of being loner is crowd turn into the feeling of being the king of this green kingdom.  It’s a relief to see this. I have been sitting for hours lost in the thought of one and only one colour my eye could see “Green”. We talk so much about Blue being the coolest colour, white being a very peaceful and soothing to eye, “Red” being passionate symbolising love, rebellious symbolising battle glory and all other hidden mysteries that we could see in it; but we always fail to adjudge Green and attribute it to something, some feeling. I guess it is not because of our incapability. This is probably because when you think of Green you feel we are not as big as we think we are and we are not sure what to call this massive colour affecting us in so many ways at once we start forgetting what we could describe it by. It’s just a mesmerizing feeling. My days covered in half a cm thick dust has kicked off today with a warm cosy green blanket which the nature had woven and the land was wearing it graciously with so much of pride. The change has begun. I am so glad to have decided to take a train trip rather than a flight to Goa. It would have been very sad if I missed these gorgeous scenes. This has calmed my excitement down to reasonable levels which were kicking roofs when I started the journey to Goa! Let’s see what else the trip has to offer ahead. There is always room for surprises and nature is to damn good at it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life@education

It was the summer of 2007, i was in my native when the results came out for my class X and i passed with an above average percentage of 74.2 (371 on 500). I was very firmly stuck up to take up commerce stream and do Charted Accountancy and had dream of settling down in the rat race within no time. Never really had the idea that life and choices weren't that easy to make as they seem and came to know that a life isn't about choices you wanna make but its about the options life leaves you to choose from. Everyone back at my village asked me out what would I do after Xth and I used to see them like "Y the hell you seem to be so interested in my future more than myself??" later on realized they all were victims of curiosity that I always chose different till then and were eager to know what coming next to surprise them? Commerce I yelled one final morning and declared my plans of doing CA. Yeah son that's quiet a surprise you planned for me said my dad. Though my min

Happy New Year : Review!

Movie : Happy New Year Release Date : 24 October 2014 Starring : Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Jacky Shroff, Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood and Boman Irani Directed By : Farah Khan Music : Vishal-Shekhar (With Vishal in a special appearance in the movie) Lyricist : Irshad Kamil A typical Farah khan full length film with duration of a little over 179 minutes. The movie is star studded and I would say a very fitting act put together by all of them. Shah Rukh Khan will shine you out with his appearance and style, he is looking as fit and muscular ( more than ever before). Deepika looks fabulously gorgeous in the traditional outfit she wears when she meets the "Charlie's Angels" (Charlie-> Shah Rukh Khan). the movie is built on a very familiar English word "Vengeance". The plot is not a complex one to figure out. The roles were very well worn and torn by the cast. The typical Shah Rukh Khan stamp with extreme delicate emotional expression with perfect s