Skip to main content

Life as an Employee

Its been almost 2 years since I have been part of the group of "Employee" stepped from the sneakers of "Student". Seems like a long time ago since I have been part of this group. Life was much more spontaneous and fun filled with no state of complete awareness of plans after an hour in the day. Simply put, things have changed. For good or bad I am now accustomed to a routine of walking in and out of office with decreasing the fun by a bit everyday I do so. Times have been difficult to cope with, broke down a few times but as they say "Time heals all", I was able to get back in shape though each time a little lesser than before. All the high stake passions have settled into a well laid out blanket of dust all around my days now. I walk out each morning watching children play, I keep thinking when did I change into this office going routinely boring guy? Perhaps I was asleep when I was being pushed by life into this mold and just woke up to realize that its been a while since fun. Or may be it was all a big setup by the evil life and my own stupid choices!Every new day comes with an old stupid habit of being "just normal". All these stupid thoughts makes me drift towards a small cell made up of my assumptions with chains of my very own limitations and priorities of putting work,responsibility and other adult crap first to everything. It all seems too difficult to follow. No routine ever seems right. It feels just incomplete. The random moments of fresh breath is what I crave, these days. May be friends, maybe colleagues anyone could give that to me or may be I am wrong and need to take the control into my hands and let go of being a control freak a break a leg (pun intended)! Can I? Not sure, but will give it a try it seems. Lets see where this disposition heads me to. Cheers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tour Diary: Goa- The beginning : Nizamuddin to Thivim

The lush green blanket of life covering the land as far as the eye can see started my day off. The Konkan railway route one of the best displays of greenery with nature at its best. Moreover we have had a very good monsoon in these areas this year. You could see how each and every drop of the monsoon is of value when you see the tiny leaves shining brightest holding a droplet like a precious pearl. Sunlight offers the best brightness for us to witness a beauty right from the microscopic levels! If you keep looking at the scenes you will feel as if someone is trying to capture this in a picture using sun as flash for his shutter. The habitual expectation to see tall towers of bricks and steel slowly fades. Being habituated to live in concrete forests since so long; such stark contrast will hit you like lightning, making you forget the dust and rush of cities. You start to embrace the nature at its truest form. Suddenly the lonely feeling of being loner is crowd turn into the ...

half girlfriend

Title: Half Girlfriend Author: Chetan Bhagat Pages: 270 Price: 175 INR Published By: Rupa Publications Genre : Love Story (Typical Bollywood Drama) Characters: Madhav Jha and Riya Somani. Special Appearance by Bill Gates ;) Story set in: Dumraon and Patna (Bihar), Delhi and New York City. The book is a story about a boy (Madhav Jha) from Bihar and a girl (Riya Somani) from Delhi. Both of them has a common point, Basketball. The boy from a rural background is very under confident to face people in his new college St. Stephens in Delhi where as the girl is modern in her appearance but is a silent natured typical girlish character. She speaks the least and enjoy listening on the contrary Madhav speaks a lot. The books deals with the life and times of both of them whilst they first met on the basketball court of St.Stephen's in Delhi till the ending when their son is fumbling with basketball on a newly prepared basketball court in Madhav's village Dumraon. As us...

Happy 2nd first Day at HCL ;)

When I first came to know that I was doing to step into the boot of an employee very soon, I was preparing myself for a life completely different to what I was living. A new beginning from the end of student life, a life with financial freedom (although Dad never said “No” to my demands, but own earning is a different level of financial freedom) added responsibility of being an employee of an MNC. I was very certain of being relocated from Hyderabad. Had my bags up and ready for a journey to a new place with a new life style waiting to be discovered. As expected was called to Bangalore (now Bengaluru) and I set out planning a life in the traffic and all the rush of high class social and corporate living beings of IT Capital of India. Day 1: went on with never ending sequence of signatures. Day 2: a boring yet energetic half day.   Day 3: very excitedly I reached office and was having a nice time cracking jokes and making friends. As if somebody cursed the largest laughter in t...